Friday, October 18, 2013

post 4

On today's lesson I did a pretty good job, it was a productive lesson for me. I finished the box for my mechanical toy. So the biggest problem for me was to cut the circles using the drill as it is kind of dangerous and I was scared at the first time, but then when I've started using it, I realized that it's not that hard and scary actually. Another problem that I had was probably putting this center-stick into the bigger circle and glue it. because it was a really good glue that sticks two parts together in couple of seconds, so I had to do it quickly. And to my surprise the stick got stuck in the circle and didn't want to go all the way through it, so I've used a hammer to give it some more pressure and it went too far away, like to the middle, so i had to pull it up again. It was hard, but funny. But I finally got it right, I think I've solved the problem really quickly and in a fun way.
I've also done the small circle for another side of the stick, but I still need to make a hole of a right size. So next lesson I will finish doing that, and then I'll start making the cams, I will need two offset cams for the ships and three for the waves. That's my plan for the next lesson. But if I'll finish doing that, which is unlikely to happen, but if I do, I will start cutting the design of my top part of the toy.
That's my box and the small circle that I am going to finish next lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment